"The Interrr what ???"
The Internet is:
- A World wide collection of Networks
- Provides the "wires"
- Connects computers
- Allows computers to "talk"
What can you do besides e-mail?
- Log on to other computers (Telnet)
- File Transfers (FTP) B>
- Browse text information (Gopher)
- Participate in discussions (Listserv) B>
What can you do (continued)?
- Bulletin Boards (Usenet)
- Text based searching with indexed material (WAIS)
- Hypertext browser of Internet resources
An application program that lets you log in to another computer
An application program that moves files (usually) from one computer to another using the File Transfer Protocol.
- A menu-based system
- Enables users to explore
- Provides text based information
Allows one to become a member of a discussion
Provides access to groups
News service similar to "bulletin boards"
- Wide-area information servers
- A powerful search network
- World Wide data base access
- A hypertext-based system
- Finding and accessing resources
- HyperCard on a larger scale
World-Wide Web: K-12 Resources
- Lesson Plans
- Computer Resources
- Scientific Research
Beginner's Guide to the Internet
Learn more about all of this confusing stuff
Below area few links to Web resouorces. To see a great deal more, take the link to "Yahoo" at the bottom of this page.