About Our School...
Imagine acres of land designated as a playground for the ali'i (royal family members) of ancient Hawai'i. Later it became pasture land for cattle. This was the land upon which He'eia Elementary School now stands. Our school first opened in 1960 with 300 students. Mr. Kenneth Nagata was the first principal. For the first 2 years, it served students in grades K-6, then increased to include seventh graders in 1962-1964. When King Intermediate School opened in 1965, He'eia School once again reverted to a K-6 elementary school.
Located on the fringes of Kane`ohe's growing business community, the campus is set between the magnificent Ko`olau Mountains and beautiful Kaneohe Bay. Single family dwellings, apartment and condominium complexes, a community district park, and the island's third largest shopping mall surround the school.
Soaring Towards Excellence, An Adventure in Learning
To equip students with attitudes, knowledge, and skills that empower them to build a better world for themselves and others.
Our Core Values and Beliefs
Our school community values: life-long learning, kindness and respect, each person's uniqueness, cooperation and collaboration.
Our school community believes everyone: is a learner, can make a difference, learns through experience and modeling.
Our Student General Learner Outcomes
1.Self-directed Learner - the student demonstrates the ability to be responsible for his/her learning.
2. Community Contributor - the student demonstrates that it is essential for human beings to work together.
3. Complex Thinker - the student demonstrates the ability to be involved in complex thinking and problem solving.
4. Quality Producer - the student demonstrates the ability to recognize and produce quality performance and quality products.
5. Effective Communicator - the student demonstrates the ability to communicate effectively.
6. Effective and Ethical Users of Technology - the student demonstrates the ability to use a variety of technologies effectively and ethically.
Our Super Hawk Students
To be a Super hawk, you must be willing to display these characteristics:
H - helpful, honest, honor others and show respect (Respect)
A - Adapt to change, have a positive attitude (Resiliency)
W - Work together (Relationships)
K - Know school rules, attendance and work habits (Responsibility)
S - Seek help from different people and a variety of resources (Resourcefulness)
Mailing Address: 46-202 Haiku Road, Kaneohe, Hawaii 96744
Telephone: (808) 233-5677, (808) 233-5678
Fax: (808) 233-5679
EMail: Dwight Uetake, Principal, email@example.com
Standards & the Curriculum | Goal of the Month | Main Page