SCHOOL COMMUNITY COUNCIL (SCC)
The Kalama SCC serves as an academic and financial advisory board to the Principal.
See: Announcements | Minutes | Forms | Archives
KSCC Officers 2010-2011
KSCC Members 2010-2011
John Costales, Jr. - Administrator
|| - Certificated
All members can be contacted via email@example.com
Schedule and Announcements
Upcoming Meetings: 5:30PM, Sep 21(canceled), Oct. 19(canceled), Nov. 16, Dec. 14. in the school
To view meeting minutes visit https://iportal.k12.hi.us/SDO/SCCMViewP.aspx?doc=min and select kalama School from the pull down menu.
SCC Goals & Responsibilities
- Section 1. To advise the school regarding the planning, budgeting, implementation and evaluation of the Standards Implementation Design (SID) Academic and Financial Plan
- Section 2. To ensure the school's academic and financial plan is aligned with the educational accountability system.
- Section 3. To study and develop the SID Multi-Year Plan in relation to the educational needs of the students.
- Section 4. To emphasize the parent as the first teacher of the child and to provide opportunities for all parents to improve their teaching methods through developmental activities.
- Section 5. To provide collaborative opportunities for input and consultation.
- Section 6. To provide other actions as required by the Department of Education.
The voting membership are equal numbers of:
Administration, Certificated Staff, Classified Staff, Parents, Community, and Student Body.
For more information visit the Reinventing Education Act for the Children of Hawaii (REACH) Web site at http://reach.k12.hi.us/ or see: SCC brochure (PDF) & SCC handbook