daVinci was born in 1452 in a small
town named Vinci in Italy. He took the name of his town for his
last name. He died in 1519 at age 67.
- Leonardo was a Renaissance painter and he
painted realistically and used light and dark colors.
- He painted figures without outlining
- He used a style called "chiaroscurro" in which
he used light and shadow to give his pictures a 3-D
- He painted moods of happy, sad and other
- Most of his paintings are in Europe and only
one in the United States.
Some of Leonardo's most famous paintings were "The
Mona Lisa", "The Last Supper", and "The Virgin Of The Rocks."
Mona Lisa was a painting of a lady with
a mysterious look, especially her smile.
- The Last Supper shows Jesus with the twelve
Virgin Of The Rocks was important in
the history or art because he painted his figures without
"I like Leonardo daVinci because his paintings had
a 3-D effect."
"I like Leonardo daVinci because he does great
paintings. I like the Mona Lisa because she looks beautiful. The part
that was beautiful was her eyes."
"I like the Mona Lisa because she has a peaceful
look on her face."
back to artist index