Monet was born in Paris, France in
1840. He spent his last ten years painting his water garden. He
died at the age of 86 years old.
- He was a great artist and helped invent the
style of painting called "Impressionism."
- He spent most of his time drawing ridiculous
pictures of his teachers!
- The mood of his paintings are happy and filled
- Monet liked to paint about nature, boats,
oceans, lakes, and ponds.
- He was more interested in how something looked
when the sunlight was on it.
One of Monet's famous paintings is
Lilies." It has a tree in the middle with
all the leaves hanging down. It was a bunch of lily pads and cool
colors to represent the pond.
"I like how his colors blend in with the
"I think his paintings are pretty and I liked the
colors he used for his pictures."
back to artist index