Van Gogh was born in Holland in 1853.
Vincent Van Gogh committed suicide at the age of 37 years old. He
was one of the most tragic artists who ever lived.
- Van Gogh's first painting was of poor people.
In the beginning his paintings were dark and sad.
- He saw some Japanese paintings and he thought
it was nice so he started painting colorful paintings.
- Van Gogh and his friend Gaugin lived together
but argued a lot and one day Van Gogh was so angry he cut off his
- Van Gogh had a very unhappy life.
- He didn't decide to become a painter until he
was grown up.
Some of his famous paintings were "The Starry
Night," "Cypresses," "Olive Trees," "Sunflowers," and "Bedroom at
- In "The Starry Night" he made the stars seem
like they're shining.
- In "Cypresses" the trees look like flames and
it feels like the whole picture is moving.
- In "Olive Trees," he made the sun look really
hot. You feel like you should put on sunglasses to look at
- In "Sunflowers,"
he used very thick paint to do this picture.
- The "Bedroom
of Arles" is a painting of Van Gogh's
"I like Vincent Van Gogh's paintings because it
was colorful and it seemed to move. His paintings makes me
back to artist index