- To stimulate student interest and to help children understand
and learn about Hawaii's fragile environmental ecosystem.
- To gain an appreciation and a respect for Hawaii's
- To introduce and develop research skills as students work on a
variety of projects and reports.
- To introduce and use cooperative learning skills as students
work independently, in pairs, and in groups to problem solve.
- Students will have the opportunity to use the eight multiple
intelligences by working in a variety of learning modes and
- Students will be given opportunities to use technology in
real-life situations to enhance learning.
- Students will define at least 10 new key words in the
- Students will explain the life or cycles and changes that
occur with time.
- Students will practice or demonstrate how changes and stimuli
affect their unit of study.
- Students will compare and contrast how environmental changes
in Hawaii affect their unit.
- Students will create a multimedia project.
- Students will evaluate their role in the protection of
Hawaii's fragile environment.
- Students will be encouraged daily to use technology in the
pursuit of the goals of this unit.
Hawaiian Images Ipu Link