General Learner Outcomes and
Indicators (Enhanced Listing Draft)
Learner (The ability to be responsible for one's own
- Able to set priorities and establish achievable
- Able to manage their time and work toward those
- Able to take responsibility for their own actions and
- Takes responsibility to learn, build and expand on core
knowledge base (HCPS II).
- Establishes and pursues clear and challenging goals and
plans for learning.
- Monitors progress and evaluates their own learning
Contributor (The understanding that it is essential for
human beings to work together)
- Able to manage their own behavior in a group
- Able to work toward group goals, communicate effectively
in groups and demonstrate tolerance for individual and cultural
- Able to recognize that each individual must make a
contribution to the general welfare of the immediate
- Establishes healthy interpersonal relationships.
- Displays effective leadership and team skills.
- Demonstrate the ability to organize resources and work with
- Analyze conflict to discover methods of cooperative
- Appreciate and cooperate with people of different races,
gender, and physical differences, abilities, and cultural
- Exhibits personal characteristics such as compassion,
conviction, ethics, integrity, motivation, and
Thinker (The ability to perform complex thinking and
- Able to manipulate the structures of learning that are
acquired through schooling, work and other experiences.
- Able to develop various ways of looking at the world in
which they live in order to solve the myriad of problems they face
in today's societies.
- Able to utilize and refine the use of multiple strategies
to solve a variety of problems.
- Able to generate new and creative ideas by taking
considered risks in a variety of contexts.
Producer (The ability to recognize and produce quality
performance and quality products)
- Able to recognize when they are performing at a level that
is equal to or above that of other individuals from around the
- Know when they perform well and why they produce quality
- Able to analyze their performance and adjust for
- Evaluates the environmental, social, and personal impact of
- Appreciates cultural and aesthetic contributions of self
Communicator (The ability to communicate effectively
with a variety of audiences for a variety of purposes or the ability
to effectively use communication skills [listening, reading,
writing, speaking, visual] to function effectively in
- Expresses ideas clearly.
- Communicates using a variety of informational and aesthetic
- An effective listener who receives, interprets and uses
information from others.
- Communicates effectively through writing, using appropriate
forms, conventions, and styles to communicate ideas and
information to different audiences for different
- Reads various types of materials and literature with
- Able to make sense of various things they observe.
Effective and Ethical
Users of Technology (The ability to use a variety of
technologies effectively and ethically)
- Able to use a variety of technologies in producing an idea
or a product.
- Able to use a variety of technologies to meet a variety of
needs including accessing and managing information and generating
- Understands the impact of technologies on individuals,
society, and the environment.
- Uses the appropriate technologies for research, creativity,
- Understands and respects issues related to intellectual
property and copyright.